Fiddle Tunes Club
Young Tradition Vermont is sponsoring 5 weeks of fiddle tunes club starting on 3/15/18, in preparation for the launch of Young Tradition Weekend on 5/3/18 at Burlington High School with a dinner and dance. Children will learn 3 tunes, 2 dance specific and 1 waltz. The clubs will teach the music, the members of the clubs will play for the dance all together on 5/3, and the music teachers at each school will teach the dances. The project grew from similar things done at Edmunds Elementary School and Integrated Arts Academy in previous years, now expanded to all Burlington elementary schools and linked to Young Tradition Weekend in 2018. More info about Young Tradition Weekend here: http://youngtraditionvermont.org/2017/03/young-tradition-weekend-2/
Here is the schedule for the sessions, for 5 consecutive weeks.
- Mondays 3/19 through 4/16 at Edmunds 3pm to not later than 4pm
- Tuesdays 3/20 through 4/17 at IAA, combined with participants from SA 3pm to not later than 4pm
- Wednesdays 3/21 through 4/18 at Champlain 2pm to not later than 3pm
- Thursdays 3/15 through 4/12 at J.J. Flynn 3pm to not later than 4pm
- Fridays 3/16 through 4/13 at C.P. Smith 3pm to not later than 4pm
There will be 2 adults at each session, Mark Sustic (all of them) and someone else depending on the day and location. We try not have adults with children individually, without an additional adult present. Joe Cleary joining in at Integrated Arts Academy/Sustainability Academy, Maeve Fairfax at Edmunds, Lena Benwood at C.P. Smith, Sarah Hotchkiss at Champlain, and TBA at J.J. Flynn.
Young Tradition Vermont is offering these at no cost to schools or students.
More information from firstname.lastname@example.org and/or the music teachers at each elementary school.