Trad Camp 2019
YTV Trad Camp starts on July 22nd! Its going to be an exciting week. There are still a few open spaces, so if anyone is interested, send them to the registration at this link: https://youngtraditionvermont.org/2017/02/trad-camp/
In addition to the schedule of classes and workshops, from fiddle to ukelele, crankie songs and blues guitar, banjo and Breton dance, Trad Camp also features some events free and open to the public, at midday and in the evenings. Each day from 12:15-12:45, guest performers will do a mini-concert at the Lake Champlain Waldorf School. Guests include the following:
• Monday – Village Harmony
• Tuesday – Benedict Koehler and Hilari Farrington
• Wednesday – Joanne Garton
• Thursday – Moira Smiley
Evening concerts, featuring Trad Camp core staff and, later in the week campers as well, will happen at Shelburne Farms on July 23rd, at the Fletcher Free Library on July 24th, at Intervale Farm on July 25th, and at Bread and Butter Farms Burger Night on July 26th (buy tickets for Burger Night at this link: https://breadandbutterfarm.com/burger-night-tickets). There will also be a class showcase at the Waldorf school featuring instructors, students, and guests, for friends, families, neighbors, and anyone else who wants to attend!
A full schedule of Trad Camp events can be viewed here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RYthmgvFamnqhpIQ0w_j2ho03miNRokIMk-uLPkuH6Y
Some other details which are being finalized over the next week include:
• On Friday, July 19th, Mark will move the Instrument Petting Zoo into the Waldorf school where camp will be held, and will do some set up of the rooms. If our schedule allows, we may do more set up on Sunday, July 21st.
• In the next few days, separate emails will go out to Trad Camp parents/students, core staff, guest instructors/performers, and volunteers, informing them of details such as arrival/departure times, general schedule information, carpooling, and more.
• Almost all campers have filled out a survey indicating their first and second choices for morning classes, and Yasi will assign students to the available classes and inform campers of their schedule before camp starts.
• During camp, Mark will be writing a daily update to post on the website and send out to the email list.