Touring Group Invitations
The Young Tradition Touring Group recruitment, application, and audition process is complete for almost everyone, and we are now inviting members to be part of the Touring Group for 2019/2020.
We are now gathering responses to the invitation, and agreement to the list of commitments.
For those who accept the invitation, their first obligation is to attend the 1st rehearsal, scheduled for Saturday, September 7 at the Flynn Center in Burlington. Prior to the rehearsal members will receive information from artist leaders about program material, some of which will need to be worked on prior to the rehearsal.
This year’s artist leaders are Oliver Scanlon and Romy Munkres; managers are Mark Sustic andKristin Bolton/Andrew Munkres (shared)
General info about the Touring Group on the Young Tradition Vermont web site: https://youngtraditionvermont.org/2015/10/young-tradition-vermont-touring-group/
Quotes from previous group members:
- The Touring Group is like a second family who is encouraging and kind to anybody who wants to join, learn and have fun!
- Come jam.
- Young Tradition touring group is an amazing experience. You form very close friendships, have lots of fun and the performances are so great! It is overall just super fun and a super valuable experience.
- Touring group is a life-changing experience, and it will forever be a part of my life. It gives you friends that share the same interest and passion for music as you do, and you learn so much from it, both as a person and a musician.
- Being in the touring group is like living in the real world – a place where you can observe different communities, cultures, types of music, and add your sound. No matter who is in the group, we will make a sound, and it will shock you. The pure energy of the group spreads like wildfire.
- It’s a lot of fun, and you not only learn a lot about traditional music and playing in a large scale band but also build meaningful relationships with other members of the group. This group is a great opportunity to improve musical abilities. It also can introduce you to music outside of your usual traditional genre or style. It is also an excellent chance to go on a tour.
- The whole experience of the tour is truly inspiring and life-changing. You have the opportunity to meet incredible musicians and to experience different musical cultures, which will make you a more well rounded player and person.
- The amazing relationships that are built in this group are ones that will last a lifetime.
- It’s so fun and everyone is super nice. The music sounds amazing and it’s so fun to be part of the group!!!
- The tunes are great and the experience of playing music together is awesome but being with a really accepting and fun group of kids that love music as much as I do is absolutely amazing!
- Incredible music immersion opportunity with amazing instructors and a talented group of kids offering friendships that last long after the touring experience.
- This is such a great group of kids who love to play together and really take care of each other! You’ll learn some great tunes and advance your musicianship, but you’ll also likely make some great friends.