template / single post
The Touring Group has cancelled its tour plans April, including the original plans for Japan, and the alternative options in New England, Quebec and locally (Burlington). We want to make sure everyone who is involved with or interested in the group and those plans is informed. Let others know if you think they should know.
The decision to cancel rested on several points. Its clear that the COVID-19 virus situation is not improving – in fact it has been getting worse. It was also clear that the consensus among group member families was not changing – in fact, more were deciding to withdraw. Much of what we were planning was being closed and large gatherings of people are increasingly being prohibited. The continuous intensity and spread of the virus added to being confident canceling was the right decision.
More info to come about a chance for this year’s group to gather one more time prior to July 1, 2020. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or for more information.