Young Tradition Touring Group ‘happy hour’
We’ve been doing some ‘happy hour’ Zoom calls as we mourn the cancellation of the Japan tour, which would have been happening this week. Thanks to those who Zoomed in on Monday (4/20). Can’t share the video but members got the note that Emma S sent from Japan, including the frog round words she promised, which she, her husband and daughter sang on the video at the shrine they were visiting near Kurayoshi.
Hold 5/16 at 1pm for the next Touring Group Zoom session. If that’s impossible for anyone, we can adjust – let me know. Will send an invite with password information when its set.
Kristin mentioned this during the call yesterday, and everyone said they’d like to see it: https://youtu.be/l0u-WhCdp4c. Lots of happy, familiar faces in there!
This has been Touring Group travel week since 2014….. its taken COVID-19 to stop the flow. Some things that have happened on this date during previous tours…..
- 2019 in New York/New Jersey…. breakfast at youth hostel, walk to/preparing meal/performance at the Cathedral Church of St. John the Divine, Metropolitan Museum of Art tour, dinner and visit with Michael Chorney at Pongsri Thai Restaurant, Hadestown at Walter Kerr Theatre
- 2018 in Scotland…. overnight and breakfast at Plockton High School, Calum MacKenzie boat trip, lunch at Plockton High School, show-and-tell/musical exchange/rehearsal with residential students at Plockton High School, dinner at the Plockton Inn, evening concert with residential students at Plockton High School
- 2017 Cape Breton….. started the following day, on 4/22
- 2016 in Ireland….. lunch and site seeing at Cliffs Moher in Clare , dinner at An Teach Bia in Ennistymon, social time at Teach Cheoi in Ennistymon, radio show for the West Wind on Clare.fm with Paula Carroll from Pepper’s Pub in Feakle, session at Shorrt’s Bar in Feakle
- 2015 no trip
- 2014 in Northumberland….. KLM flight from Amsterdam to Newcastle, dinner with Northumberland Ranters and families at Bromley Grange