template / single events post
14 June 2020 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm Zoom
You know and LOVE the contra dance band Nova! We have the Nova guitarist, Everest Witman and his family for a beautiful concert, where you can dance or relax.
The Witman Quarantrio, Amanda (voice and concertina), Ellery (fiddle), and Everest Witman (guitar), present an hour-long session of waltz tunes and songs for you to enjoy from the comfort of your home at 8pm EDT (5pm PDT) on June 14th.
From Brattleboro, Vermont, the Witmans have been a staple of the New England traditional music and dance scene for years. Amanda is an accomplished singer and song leader, and Ellery and Everest (of Golden and Nova) are veteran contra dance musicians. Tune in for an hour of pure listening and dancing bliss!
The Zoom will open 15 min early to get everyone on Zoom, learn how to use the features, and say hello !
All donations benefit the musicians!
Virtual Tip Jar:
Checks to: Ellery Witman, 11 Blakeslee Street, Brattleboro, VT 05301
Due to Zoom security issues, we have updated our protocol.
Please change your Zoom ID to your Full Name, this speeds up identifying folks.
Click here: https://www.proyl.com/8n9GL9Ggo
You will go to a link protection website, that will give you a code.
Enter the 6 digit code CASE SENSITIVE
It will send you to zoom
(Message me if you have issues. +1 408 874-6840)
One tap mobile
+16699006833,,95656311235#,,1#,768517# US (San Jose)
Have you tried dancing on Zoom?
One of the BEST things is that it allows everyone to interact in their own way. You can “PIN” anyone’s video and dance while looking at their video. Even better, you can arrange (via Chat) to PIN videos with a friend while dancing. The Best part is that you don’t know when you’re PIN’d and there’s no limit, so it’s totally inclusive. You can also dance at home, or enjoy watching all the dancing, or just listen and be transformed by the music.
We have 500 person capacity, so invite your friends, musicians, and anyone who would enjoy waltz music or dancing.
For your safety, if you want to dance at home:
Please clear a space, consider wearing shoes if you’re used to dancing in shoes, stay hydrated, go easy if you haven’t been dancing regularly.
* Install & test Zoom before the event. Test your mic and speaker.
* Please MUTE yourself unless you are talking during the chat times.
* If you have issues with internet, you can turn OFF your video and that might help.
* If there is a HUGE turnout, we may ask folks to turn off all video & mute so the music can be more clear.
* Video options (top R of PC screen): Speaker view (puts the musicians center screen) or Gallery view (lets you scroll through pages of participants).
* You can also “PIN” any video and it will stay centered. You can PIN anyone and they won’t know, and any number can PIN the same person. You can also “CHAT” with a friend and PIN each other’s videos to “dance together”
To PIN a video on a PC, hover over the video and click on the 3 dots in the corner. Select “PIN video”.
You can also go to “Participants list” and find someone by name, then click on them and PIN should be an option.
* iOS and Android devices have different options. It may work on a phone to double tap the video you want to PIN.
We look forward to seeing you!