template / single post
Thanks for all who attended the YTV Board meeting on Sunday July 14th at the picnic tables under the gazebo at Bread and Butter Farm in Shelburne (and thanks to Corrie Pierce and Chris Dorman for welcoming us)…… on Bastille Day and Woody Guthrie’s birthday.
Alyssa and Mark filled in as facilitators, while Sarah continues her summer adventures in Europe. Addison, Joe, Aden and Kathleen where in other places, but all other current board members were able to attend. Didn’t get a photo this time…. if you can, visualize 8 smiling faces including Alyssa, Yasi, Danielle, Mark, Bill E, Bill D, Brian, Nowa and Oliver.
The primary goal for board meetings is to ‘live in the virtual YTV house’ for the time we are together, to dive into what YTV has been, what it is today, and what it can be in the future, to set aside ideas about what YTV can do for each of us personally and other projects and organizations we work with, and focus on what we can do for YTV.
Yasi will likely have a draft summary soon, and we’ll get something to board members as soon as we can. If you’re not on the board and would like to read about more of those details, feel free to ask.
A few follow up to-dos I can remember, to be done before the annual meeting on September 29th 12 noon to 3pm (location TBA) ……
• Executive Committee meeting to work on Executive Director goal setting, evaluation and planning and guidance for fiscal sponsorship of programs and activities with partner organizations
• Bill D meeting with Danielle and Mark about finance report formats and clarifying donation categories
• Development Committee meeting to work on board member and officer nominations and fundraising, including a fundraising project for 2019/2020 (current members include: Nowa, Danielle, Kathleen, Sarah, Mark)
• current board members and officers communicate with Mark by 9/1 about their plans to continue or not, about transitioning to the advisory board from the board of directors, and using the board member criteria, talk to at least one person by 9/1 who might be a good fit as a board member (talk to them before nominating, focus on making sure nominees can do at least one, if not all, of the following: get money, give money, take on an officer position when asked, manage at least one of our 30 programs…. we will also recruit 1-2 high school/college members who will serve a 1 year student term, and would be exempt from the other criteria)
• contact Mark or Yasi if you’d be willing to help with Trad Camp pack up and clearing the building (Lake Champlain Waldorf High School in Shelburne) on Friday July 26th (after about 2/2:30 until not later than 6)
We will be known by the tracks we leave behind. Dakotan Proverb